DIY Serum Infusion Facial
Coronavirus has put a real spanner in the works for beauty junkies and those of us who are dedicated to the plight of glowing skin! With salon regulars now forced to resort to home treatments to hydrate, firm, smooth and lift their complexion - we thought a little DIY facial might be a good topic for us to share this week. Keep reading if you'd like to learn more about our very simple and quick DIY serum infusion facial. This treatment can easily be performed in the comfort of your home in just a few steps!
You Will Need
- If you already own a Dr Pen device, all you need to do is charge it up and attach a nano-needle cartridge onto the pen. The Hydra Pro, with it's built-in serum cavity, is also perfect for this treatment, however, any of the devices will do.
- If you don't own a pen, you can swap this and the serum (below) for a sheet mask infused with ingredients of your choice.
- Serum of choice. Popular options include vitamin C, vitamin A, peptides and hyaluronic acid. We also sell a serum blend with vitamin C, E and hyaluronic acid in our online store. Did you know vitamin C is absorbed by up to 97% when combined with nano-needling? Vitamin C brightens skin tone and is a potent antioxidant for anti-aging.
- Cleanser of choice
- Pore vacuum or an exfoliant (can be a facial scrub, AHA/BHA, exfoliating gloves etc)
Step 1 - Cleanse
- Cleanse face and ensure all traces of makeup and product are removed
- If using pore vacuum, ensure face is properly steamed and soft for extraction
Step 2 - Smooth Complexion
- Use the blackhead extraction and microdermabrasion attachments to rid pores of build-up, deep clean and smooth uneven skin texture. Finish by splashing cool water onto skin.
- If using exfoliant, give yourself a wonderful massage to cleanse pores, improve blood flow and smooth the surface of your skin. Finish by splashing cool water onto skin.
- Pat dry with clean towel
Step 3 - Serum Infusion
- Apply serum to face and nano-needle into skin, repeating over each area in a circular motion 3 times. If you've never nano-needled before, you might find these videos helpful - https://youtu.be/RY75W-i0RjI and https://youtu.be/uAItdQtj3UA
- If using a sheet mask, apply serum to face and let sit for 15-20 minutes
Three steps and you're done! This serum infused facial is very simple and will leave your skin silky smooth and glowing. If you have any of your own DIY facial ideas, we'd love to hear from you! If you do try this facial at home, we'd love to see your content. Please tag us in @dr_pen_australia on Instagram so we can see your results.